Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Guest Post(s) & Reviews

I recently joined my dear sister Skylar over at Life of a Random in a GIF war, which ended with both of us in severe need of therapy after we learned more about ourselves. (here is the link to our incredibly interesting and amusing war. also, Skylar is an idiot)

She also did a review of The Raven Boys. We're supposed to be doing a vlog discussing our extreme love for the book. 

Here is the adventure that was me reading The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

I have recently read a few books that left me stunned and hungover and wandering around in a stupor. Two of them are The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater and Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott.

I bought my sister The Raven Boys because she had been aching to read it for forever. She read it, rated it 5 stars on Goodreads, and then violently forced me to do the same.

I grudgingly accepted, making multiple noises of anger and rebellion as I went. The first day, I read 48 pages. She was disappointed. She was mad. She yelled at me about how much I would love it if I read it to the end.

I thought: Well, yeah. I'll love it because you'll stop yelling at me about it.

I read a few more pages that night, then stopped because I was in serious danger of being grounded if my mom found me curled up reading at such a late hour.

I finished it the next day.

I laughed. I cried. I felt like hurling the book out my window and then going outside to beat it with a stick, then stomp on it for good measure.

But then, see, if I had, my sister would've beaten me with a stick and stomp on me for good measure.

I refused to give the book back to her when I was done reading it. She laughed, tossed her hair, probably thinking something along the lines of I'm fabulous and walked away. "I told you," she said.

"Yeah, shut up," I said.

We have a very loving relationship.

But that's not the point. The point is, that this book ripped out my heart and dangled it in front of my face cackling.

The characters broke my heart. Ronan. Gansey. Noah. Adam. NOAH. Noah danced around with my heart and flung it over the edge of a cliff, blowing kisses as he went.

The suspense. The hints. The trails. The mythology. The everything. Let me tell you this: It's not everyday I rate a book 5 stars. I'm an incredibly negative person with an even more negative outlook on life. I judge harshly. And yet The Raven Boys is a big fat 5 stars. If I could give it one billion I would.

It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me mentally hug all the characters. (Except the bad ones. Seriously. Doom on you for hurting my babies.)

Later,

Tansie G.

No comments:

Post a Comment