Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Book Tag


Huge thanks to Skylar@Life of a Random for nominating me! I'll be sure to give you lots of chocolate and possibly hugs.

Onwards!

1. Do you have a specific place for reading?

Yeah. I read on beds. It doesn't really matter what bed. I even have a specific position. I have to be lying down on my stomach.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Bookmark usually, but sometimes random pieces of paper. I went through this phase where I made a ton of bookmarks but then somehow I lost most of them.

3. Can you stop reading anywhere in a book or do you have to finish a chapter?

It depends on the book. Sometimes I can stop in the middle of a sentence and leave it for weeks. If I have to stay for a chapter then I stay for the book. It doesn't really matter if I have responsibilities (who cares about those*) -- I will finish the book.

*Me. I care. A ridiculous amount, actually, which is why I'm stressed out 90% of the time.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

Eh, not really. When I read, I usually zero in completely until it's done. If I'm distressed about the ending or how much everything is going wrong, I'll eat half the house. (I can confirm that this has happened before).

5. Music or TV while reading?

My attention span is a wonder, seriously. I can hardly focus on one thing for more than a few minutes, so if I'm going to read I can't be doing anything else. So, no to TV. Music...only if I've already read the book once.

6. One book at a time or several?

One at a time, all the way. (Unless I don't like it. Then I get distracted by all the other shiny things).

7. Reading at home or elsewhere?

Home. For some reason, I don't like reading anywhere else. It makes me all tense and blegh. Contrary to popular belief, I am very alert whenever I'm not home and hyper-aware of everything (it's exhausting), which makes reading a task because it requires my full attention.

8. Read out loud or silently?

I only read out loud if forced.

Sometimes I do it to be funny, too, because I like trying out accents, but most of the time I read silently. I can't really focus on the content if I'm too busy trying to make each person's voice distinct. (That being said my favorite accent to read in BY FAR is the scottish accent).

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

*awkward shuffling* WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I HAVE NEVER SKIPPED.

Yeah. I have. It's... It's bad. It used to be to the point where I would start a book, think it was slow, and skip straight to the ending.

I hardly ever do that now, but sometimes when I'm reading my brain gets all hyped about what's going to happen so I speed read to the point where I don't read ANYTHING except the words my brain picks out. Ex: I will be reading and pinpoint a name that is important. My brain will only pick out words associated with that name.

Example of Example:

My Brain: THERE IS A GUN TO JAKE'S HEAD, AND EMMA AND THE VILLAIN ARE TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER AS MUCH AS JAKE POSSIBLY DYING

The book:

"Blah, blah, blah," said someone, "blah, blah."
"Blah?" someone asked.
JAKE GAVE A SMALL SMILE, AS IF TO SAY EVERYTHING WAS OKAY.
"Blah." Said someone with a facial expression.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

What kind of person do you think I am? I really hate it when I accidentally break the spine, so definitely keeping it like new.

This question sounds so terribly violent out of context.

11. Do you write in your books?

*strangled noises* NEVER

I'll admit, I have been tempted. But no, never. Sometimes I put sticky notes in them, but only if the book infuriated me or I didn't like it AT ALL. So if you ever see me holding a book with sticky notes sticking out of it, know that I am not enjoying it at all.

12. Who are you tagging?

Aimee@To The Barricade!

and

Briana@Reader, Writer, Critic

and anyone else who wants to join in. Put the link in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment