Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fangirling: The 100 + Links

Yo! So, in my recent post, I blabbed about stuff I obsessed about in 2014.

In this post, I want to talk about a specific that I obsessed about.

I kind of already talked about The 100 a little, but... I didn't exactly get to blab all I wanted. (I basically have two moods: don't say anything or say everything. Neither are very good.)


*Some of these names are people that only enter in Season 1's finale or in Season 2. Don't freak out if you don't know who I'm talking about!

Yeah. 

So, anyways. 

I told you about Bellamy and Clarke, and how they're the leaders.

I mentioned Octavia, Raven, Wick, and Monty. 

BUT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO GUSH ABOUT. *squeals*

The first thing I want to talk about is the cast. They're from all nationalities and are hilarious and adorable. And although it can be argued that the cast is dominantly white, you've got a BUNCH of POC (people of color) characters. (Ex: Raven, Bellamy, Monty, Chancellor Jaha, and WAY MORE but I don't want to list all of them because of spoilers.) And a lot of them are in positions of leadership.

Also, a lot of the leaders are female. (Ex: Abby, Clarke, Anya, etc.) That's not to say all of them are. But there are so many powerful women in this show. And even if they're not all that powerful, they're strong in their own way. The men share similar roles.

And don't even get me started on the character development in the show. Sometimes characters change for the best or the worst. But they are always changing. (Ex: EVERYONE.)

I think the biggest theme in the The 100 is loss, and how we let it affect us. 

Now that I've talked about the strengths of the show, I'll talk about the weaknesses, because let's be real: Every show has them.

  • Unrealistic insta-love happens. (At least, in my opinion.)
  • Some really stupid and not-well-thought-out decisions are frequently made. 
  • SOME PEOPLE JUST THROW THE WORD "LOVE" AROUND WAY TOO EASILY.
  • Positions of power are constantly shifting and sometimes it doesn't make sense.
  • Wait, so... what made this character go insane???
  • Sometimes characters are jerks for no reason at all. It's mostly the adults.


So yeah, there are some continuity errors. But I think most of the stuff that happens (I'm ignoring the "romance" here) makes absolute sense. 

If you're just sort of watching the fandom from afar and not watching the show, then you know about a couple of ships. And by a couple of ships, I mean Bellarke

Also, maybe Linctavia.

I'm gonna make a list of my top three ships in the show...
  1. Bellarke (Bellamy x Clarke)
  2. Linctavia (Lincoln x Octavia)
  3. Rick (Raven x Wick)
I laughed so hard when I was thinking about Raven and Wick's possible ship names and got Rick. Of course, Waven is a possibility, but it sounds more like something you call a baby named Raven while squishing its cheeks and cooing. Ew.

I'm going to be totally real here. 

I didn't like Linctavia for the longest time ever. With all the guys Octavia had been paired with within the first five or six episodes, I wasn't even sure if Lincoln was gonna last very long. 

I also didn't like Bellarke until nearly the end of season 1. I didn't get it when people talked about how they immediately loved Bellamy. I thought Bellamy was an a-hole at first. Plus he had bad hair that first episode. 

And, well... Rick doesn't happen until season 2. And... they're not canon. And... it's a teeny ship. I don't even know if anything's going to happen between them other than snarkiness.

Anywho, this is getting preeetty long so I'm going to stop here. Want to watch the show with no ads ANYWHERE?


No comments:

Post a Comment