Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DIY + Accidental Fake Bruises

I accidentally gave myself a fake bruise. I was trying to draw a black arrow on my arm because of reasons, (Allison Argent, if I must be specific.) and then realized my mom would freak if she saw it. I sighed and started rubbing it off. I ended up with a blurred line of black down my wrist. It was smudged and light and barely noticeable. But still. Now it looks like I have a gigantic bruise on my wrist.

Anyways, that is not the topic of this post. The topic is the DIY project I completed yesterday using paint, a paintbrush, scissors, glue, and a tissue paper roll. (You didn't see the last one coming, did you?) I'd read a lot about making cool flowers/snowflake thingies with toilet paper rolls on Pinterest, but thought nothing of it until I finally looked it up and saw how cool the product was.

Here's the completed project:


Light(ish) blue on the outside, dark blue on the inside.


I only started working on this one since it was really late. Light purple on the outside, gonna be drk. purple on the inside, maybe white.
They are super simple to make (and really tiny and adorable). You only need three, fairly thin, strips of the toilet paper roll (or, if you want, a paper towel role) to make these. Of course, if you want to make a more complicated flower type one, or one for wall art, like this one:

Not mine.
You'll need a lot more. The snowflakes only take a few minutes each. I was surprised by how easy it was to make them.

(Also, quick apology for not posting sooner. I've been really busy with school and just haven't had the time. As a warning, I probably will be taking hiatuses quite a lot.)

Later,

Tansie G.

No comments:

Post a Comment