Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Book Blogger TMI Tag

I was tagged by my lovely sis over at Life of a Random.

Here goes!

How old are you?

Thirteen years young. I'll be turning fourteen in June. (I am not looking forward to getting older. I have seen what college does to you, and it's quite traumatizing.)

What book are you reading?

I've got three. The chosen ones are A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard, The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum, and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity--

My small addition: It was the time of self-contradiction, it was the time of self-agreement(?), it was the time of confusion, it was the time of clarity.

Charles Dickens makes me extremely bewildered.

What are you wearing?

Does the fluffy blanket currently wrapped around my waist count?

I'm wearing a really, really baggy black graphic t-shirt, and a pair of pink shorts. Apparently, walking around the house with a gigantic blanket is easier than changing into a pair of pants.

OTP?
(Also known as One True Pairing, or your favorite fictional couple)

Noooooo! This is so hard! I have hundreds of OTPs. This is equivalent to torture.

But, since I am being brutally forced, probably Scarlet and Wolf from The Lunar Chronicles.

They're so adorable.

Blogger or Wordpress?

What is this "Wordpress" you speak of?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But I guess I made my answer preeeetty clear.

Going outside being active, or staying in reading a book?

Ehehehe.

I think this is the only question that I instantly knew the answer to-- the answer being staying in and reading a book. My mom has to force me to leave the house. Unless, of course, it's fall and it's beautiful and the perfect temperature to go outside and

...sit on a bench.

I am a hermit.

What is the last book you read?

I didn't remember this one. I literally had to go check.

Umm, it's Switched by Amanda Hocking.

What is the book you're going to read next?

I have no idea. I usually just open one my sis suggested and go from there, soo...

Probably Dualed or Princess for Hire.

E-Books - yes or no?

I'm torn. I wanna say yes because they're less fat and if you drop them you don't lose the page and your soul, but then I wanna say no because it takes forever to load and it makes me angry. (Plus book books smell like heaven.)

In all seriousness, they're the only reason I've been getting much (if any) reading done recently. So yes.

Where do you prefer to read?

There's a corner in my sister's room that I love to curl up in and read in. (Plus, it's right by the vent with all the warm air.)

Who is the last person you tweeted?

I think it was my sister, but I really have no idea. I haven't even logged on to my Twitter account since December. *sheepish grin*

Whose blog did you look at last?

..... My sister's.

I wasn't going to, but she kept hovering over my shoulder and begging me to go check it out. And my little brother was screaming (in joy. with a crazed look on his face.) a foot away from my face. I had no choice. I had to give in.

Who is your favorite blogger?

Notebook Sisters or Skylar Finn.

Who's your favorite booktuber?

Ermm... I don't have one because I don't really watch them. Oops?

What do you do when someone tells you reading is boring?

Assume their immense stupidity.

I'm joking. I actually assume that they've just read some really bad books-- like those morbid and (truth be told) excruciatingly boring classics that they force you to read for school. In that case, I just slowly slide a favorite book towards them in a totally innocent and non-creepy way.

Who is the last author you spoke to?

If I was an author, my answer would be myself.

But, alas, I am not yet an author. And I have never spoken to an author-- those blessed people with brilliant writing talents that I am so exceedingly jealous of.

Who is the last person you texted?

My mom.

I was home alone with my lil' bro-- my mom was going to pick up my sis after saying she'd be back in 30 minutes-- and it'd been over two hours. (Typical. My mother has no concept of time.) And I was getting a leeeettle worried. I asked her where she was aaaaaand she never answered. Apparently, she hadn't heard a thing and completely shocked when I told her about it.

Her: *freaking out* What? I didn't hear a thing! What were you going to ask me?
Me: I was asking where you were and if you were okay.
Her: *looks even more shocked that it wasn't a big deal*
Me: I was just... I... *grumbles* Sorry for caring.
Her: I was only gone for a short time! Of course I was okay! What did you think had happened?

(Car accident. I have had terrible dreams of you being in one ever since you drove me to a school outing.)

Me: *mouth falls open* (thinks: short time. she thinks it was a short time.)
Her: What?
Me: ...
Her: *continues staring in innocent confusion*
Me: Two hours.
Me: *walks away*

Who is your all-time favorite book character?

Zara from Captivate. She was brilliant and hilarious.

UKYA or USYA?

USYA. I don't know if I've ever read UKYA.

What is your preferred drink whilst reading?

If I try to drink something while reading, I usually grab the wrong thing. One time, I was reading at the kitchen table, and it was a salt shaker. I'm a hazard to myself.

If you hated reading, what would you be doing instead?

Does writing count? If not, I have no idea. Probably wonder around the house wondering what my meaning in life is.

How many bookshelves/bookcases do you have?

Two. They're both pretty small. Half of one I need for school, though, so the one that's filled with fiction has books piled on top of it, books leaned against it-- books poked in every possible space there is.

I need another bookshelf.

If you had the choice to meet all your favorite book bloggers, or all of your favorite authors, which would you pick? You can only pick one.

Probably authors.

Insta-love: yes or no?

No. No, no, no, no, no. Nothing makes me as upset as when a girl sees a guy and then claims she's in love. It's like, um, no, sweetheart, you're in attraction.

Favourite author?

Marissa Meyer or Cassandra Clare. Or Veronica Roth. Or Maggie Stiefvater. Oh, wow, this is impossible.

What is the number-one book on your wish-list?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green or Cress by Marissa Meyer.

Do you prefer books with with female or male protagonists?

I don't really mind, as long as they're well written. I loved Zara from Captivate, and I loved Sage from The False Prince.

Which is your favourite book-to-movie adaption?

I haven't seen a lot. Out of the ones I have seen, though, probably The Hunger Games.

What is the last song you listened to?

It was either Demons by Imagine Dragons (it's... calmer... than it sounds I swear) or Pompeii by Bastille (love this song. it gets me so pumped)

Which do you enjoy reading more - negative reviews or positive reviews?

Honest reviews. In my opinion, as long as it's honest, it's a good review. No need to exaggerate how bad it is or how good it is. Just say it like it is. However, negative reviews tend to be bit harsh-- so positive ones.

Who are you going to tag?

Whoever wants to join in.

Later,

Tansie G.


No comments:

Post a Comment