Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Reviewing: Deadly Pink by Vivian Vande Velde



Grace Pizzelli is the average one, nothing like her brilliant older sister, Emily, who works for Rasmussem, creators of the world’s best virtual reality games. The games aren’t real, though—or at least they weren’t. Now Emily has hidden herself inside a pink and sparkly game meant for little girls. No one knows why, or how to convince her to come back out, and the technology can’t keep her safe for much longer. Grace may consider herself average, but she’s the only one who can save Emily. So Grace enters the game, hoping to talk her sister out of virtual suicide before time runs out. Otherwise Emily will die—for real.


Let me start off by saying it's not for people who enjoy tons of action and many secondary characters with loads of humor. This book has action, yeah, but after all the crazy books I've read recently, it didn't have me on the edge of my seat. There wasn't much humor. Maybe a couple sarcastic jabs, but that's it.

I also read it in 1.5 hours tops.

When you read it and you hit the part including Emily, let me just tell you: be prepared to be very angry at her. I was furious. I felt that deep burning anger inside my heart (not really but I was pretty mad.). I can't tell you why because of spoilers, but be prepared. As time goes along, you might grow to like her, but even though rough stuff had happened to her, I couldn't help but feel that Emily just wasn't even trying. She didn't seem to care, even after apologies were made. Emily just really annoyed me throughout the book.

Grace is a different story. She suffers with the "I'm not as good as her" problem that, as a fellow younger sister, I completely understand. Grace sets off to save Emily, nevermind the fact that it's dangerous (no matter what those Rasmussem people say). She risks everything for her sister.

I wanted to do this to Grace throughout the majority of the book:

I'd probably be all like "Oh, you poor, poor baby, let me hug you," and start crying. She'd probably think I was insane.

I wanted to do this to Emily throughout the majority of the book:

It got better after a while but I'm still perturbed.

Later,

Tansie G. *blows kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment