Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Two Literary Characters + Quotes to Sustain Your Mortal Soul

Two of my Favorite Literary Characters + Quotes to Sustain Your Mortal Soul

1. Gwyneth Shepherd from the Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier, translated by Anthea Bell



While Gwyneth is hilarious and awesome, I loved all of the characters. Except, you know, the evil ones. But even they were well thought out.

Now, since I have no gifs of her saying/doing something significant, I found a bunch of quotes from Goodreads.

Quote 1:

"You were talking to that niche in the wall again, Gwyneth. I saw you."

"Yes, but it's my favorite bit of wall, Gordon. I'd hurt its feelings if I didn't stop and talk to it."

~This conversation was, quite obviously, between Gwyneth and Gordon. (with the added presence of the wall)

Quote 2:

"The others can't see me," said the little ghost.

"I know," I said. "My name's Gwyneth. What's yours?"

"Dr. White to you," said Dr. White.

"I'm Robert," said the ghost.

"That's a very nice name," I said.

"Thank you," said Dr. White. "I'll return the compliment by saying you have very nice veins."

~Robert, Gwyneth, and an oblivious third wheel Dr. White.


2. Sage from The False Prince Bk. 1 in the Ascendance trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielson



Quote 1:

"I've got to go." 
"Go where?"
"To go. I'd have just taken care of it myself, but it looks like you want to come along."
Mott cursed. "Wait for morning."
"Wish I could. I've been cursed with my mother's pea-size bladder."

~ Sage and Mott

Quote 2:

"You stole it from the master."
"Who stole it from me. What I did simply set the universe back in order." 

Quote 3:

"Conner answered, "Mrs. Turbeldy warned me that you have a history of running away. Where did you go?"
To the church of course. To confess my sins." 
Quote 4:
"If he put us in dresses, we wouldn't suddenly become women." 

Well, those were just a couple of characters. My lists are usually longer than this. Sorry. I had a very transient amount of time allowed.
Later lovelies,
Tansie G.

No comments:

Post a Comment